86. Why Do We Get Depressed?
Full Audio: https://yunuspatel.co.za/audio/2003-01-13/
- Anxiety, depression, and worries often arise when people make decisions and then expect Allah to conform to their plans.
- This expectation of having their plans materialise can lead to disappointment and depression when things don't go as expected.
- The root cause of these negative emotions is the assumption that our decisions are subject to Allah's confirmation, but in reality, our plans and decisions are subject to Allah's will.
- Accepting that the outcome of our decisions is ultimately Allah's decision can help alleviate anxiety and depression.
- Allah's decisions are guided by wisdom, and life may include challenges and sorrows, but those who accept these as Allah's will can find comfort in knowing that everything is ultimately in His hands.