89. Celebrate the Practice of Nabi ﷺ
Full Audio: https://yunuspatel.co.za/audio/2005-04-21/
- Nabi ﷺ lived among his companions (Radhiyallahu ’anhum) as a Nabi for many years, from age 40 to 53 in Makkah and then 10 years in Madina.
- We will not find any Ahadith from the six authentic books of Ahadith regarding celebrating the birthday of Nabi ﷺ. Nabi ﷺ could have told the Sahabah (Radhiyallahu ’anhum) that this is my birthday and let us celebrate it.
- The Sahabah (Radhiyallahu ’anhum) did not celebrate his birthdate but followed his teachings and practices.
- The celebration of Nabi ﷺ's birth was about living his teachings.
- Celebrating Nabi ﷺ's birth without following his teachings is considered mere lip service.